Monday 15 December 2014

Friendz dears.....
This is me at the ge of 11 or 12 (I don't remember correctly)
At this age, I used to accompany maa ayyagaru, to the places of his lectures and sanmanams.
At this tender age, I was looking at his 'SIVATANDAVAM' rendition  in astonishment.
I used to admire him for his authenticity in lecturing on different topics.
I used to wait for his next trip to go with him again to hear his profound knowledge in music too.
When I was in 6th class, I was fascinated to wear the panjabi dress. My mother Smt.Kanakammagaru, any how, fulfilled my wish. The only problem was, my father only likes the traditional dress for girls.
How to wear this dress?
One fine day, I wore the dress 'cause my father did n't go to Sri Ramakrishna High School where he is working 'cause of some other work. ( I too was the student of the school)
I was very confident, that he will not see my dress.
I was playing in the the very big playing ground.
One senior boy came to me and told me that my father is calling me from class 8th.
I feared a lot. I did not understand,when did  he come to the school.Office correspondent was liking my father very much for his 'SARASWATHI PUTRATVAM and fame. He was allowed to go to the places of his sanmanam or others many a times unlike other teachers. The other Telugu Pandits were asked to handle his classes also in his absence. but..this time I don't know why my father came to school in the afternoon and saw me and called me even. Of course, that discussion was not neccessary at that time...Coming to the situation now.....how to escape from maa ayyagaru?
Everybody knows my father's anger.
I, very fearfully, reached him.
To my astonishment, maa ayyagaru, called me to him.
and said...'ok..At last ur mother fulfilled ur wish. But this does n't suit u. U look better in ur sual dress. don't wear this further. OK?'
That's all. 
I was not able to come out of the shock yet..
The manner maa ayyagaru convinced me was un-imaginable.
I did not wore that dress again.
In good old days, parents did not have the time to teach the way how to LIVE in this vague world.
Their way of living, way of talking and the way of handling the situations were themselves 'LESSONS' to their children.
My father wanted my elder sisters, Karuna and Tarulatha, to become good karnatak music singers. He arranged good teacher. In addition, he used to practice music very regularly. That's how he has shown them the path way.
After 1945, he got oppourtunities to work in Anantapur (Govt. College), Tiruvananthapuram (kerala University) and New Delhi (Sahitya academi) but no where he stayed for a long time 'cause of different reasons.
Yet, he was feeling for the family and so came back to Kadapa permanently, (till my time) though on a very meager salary as a school teacher till my time.
I observed him studious reading.
I observed his UPASANA kramam.
I observed his music practice.
Those  r 'The permanent images' of my father Dr. Puttaparthi varu. I think parents of ester years were like my father.
All the parents of middle classes, were like that.
Their lives were very simple and straight. But my father was completely different. 
He used to read 'BIBLE' at Oriental college Tirupathi, when his class mates were reading Chandassu or alankara sastram.
He tried to by-heart 'Paradise lost' of Milton unlike other students.
He was introduced to Prakritha  literature at the age of 14, and used to write articles on that literature at the age of 21.
Mallampally Somasekhara Sarmagaru , when he saw my father, did not believe that this young man could write elaborate and in-depth articles on prakrutha literature.
So...
These r all the incidents and experiences influenced us, the family members of Dr.Puttaparthivaru and they r the path ways for our lives.
Friendz dears....Do u agree?

No comments:

Post a Comment