Thursday 19 September 2013

                                    
                                         I read the sacred books day and night

                                And lost my sleep over them.

                         The words were good, but where is God?

                                I turned to my heart and saw in it.

                                A sharp ray of light, flickring.

                                 I was ecstatic. I said to myself.

                         'You are the light, the others - a fantasy.'..



                       'Leaves in the wind' (published in 1987) Poetry by Dr,Puttaparthi Narayanacharya..

Dr. Puttaparthi in his 'FOREWORD' of this book wrote ..' I       wrote these poems when I was nineteen.(probably in 1933) It is a mystery how they have found a publisher when I am seventy  three.' In the year 1953. Shri Harindranath Chattopadhyaya (Famous writer)  in his OPINION for this collection wrote 'This reveals the soul of the author as being one which responds to beauty, reacts to anguish and looks into the future finding there a better happier world.Here we can see a sincerity of approach to life, death, freedom, childhood and love. This is a book of sensitive poetry.'..
I want to share my 'GOLDEN MEMORIES' of my life with my revered father -  'Ayyagaru' as we used to call him which was a family tradition in GANDIKOTA SRI VAISHNAVA families of the  great Rayalaseema. His unique  life style, zeal to be recognised as ' TRUE PANDITHUDU' , his enthusiasm to get updated in knowledge, his hobbies, his fantasies and DETACHMENT with worldly recognition thru PATTU PARISRAMA (like a creeper - without self respect and identity) Friends, My last sister Chi.Sow Puttaparthi Anuradha is running a Telugu blog on our revered father entitled 'Puttaparthisaahithisudha'. I want to share my own feelings in my own way with you thru this blog.and in my own angle interact with you. Pl do share your remembrances, experiences and others with me with reference to my father's literature. Regards, Puttaparthi Nagapadmini

No comments:

Post a Comment