Sunday 2 February 2014

'

                                      Give me this boon'

                                            Dr.Puttaparthi Narayanacharya.

                O God! Where ever you are,

                 In the  heavens or elsewhere,

                Grant me this boon.

                Make me poor,

                But not of heart.

                Give me life,

                But never bid me to live

                Among the heartless

                To be a toy to their wickedness.

                Give me intellect,

                But not the ability to understand

                The past.

                Save me from pride.

                You may give me feelings,

                But see they are not partisan.

                Give me the power,

                Never to be carried away

                By narrow creeds and dogmas.

                Make me a crystal,

                And make me human.

                Only give me this boom.

                             Published in 'TRIVENI' (A literary and

                              cultural Quarterly July-Sep 1987 issue)

                             




No comments:

Post a Comment